How to Submit a Manuscript
General Submission Information
All manuscripts must be submitted electronically. Before proceeding to the online submission site, please prepare your manuscript according to the instructions listed above under the heading, "How to Prepare a Manuscript." When your manuscript is ready for submission, please go to https://circgenetics-submit.aha-journals.org. The instructions below are meant to help guide you through the submission process.
- Submission Files:
- Manuscript text file
- Tables – embedded within the manuscript. Please note that, for publication purposes, all tables must be provided in an editable text format. Excel or PDF files will not be accepted.
- Figures – either embedded or submitted separately. Please note that only TIIF or EPS files will be allowed for publication.
- Supplemental Files: When submitting supplemental files, please note whether or not they are intended for review purposes only or if they are intended for publication as a data supplement.
- For all revisions, invited de novo submissions, and uninvited resubmissions, please note that two additional files are required:
- Response to Reviewers
- Tracked Changes version of the manuscript
- All Author Information, including
- First Name, Middle Initial, if applicable, and Last Names
- E-mail Addresses
The four steps of the submission process are: Upload Files, Enter Manuscript Information, Review Manuscript Material, and Submit Your Manuscript. The four steps each contain sub-steps that can be accessed by clicking on their perspective tabs. Navigating through this"Tab View" will save any entered information each time a new tab is clicked (or the boxes "Save and Continue" and "Next" are clicked). Each step and sub-step is listed below:
- Step 1: Upload Files
- Upload Files: A screen asking for the actual file locations (via an open file dialog) will appear. Once the files are uploaded, the system will begin to convert all files into PDF for the peer review process. Please note that video/movie files do not convert to PDF.
- Replace Files: Allows the user to replace any previously submitted files with another file and also gives the opportunity to delete any unwanted files that have been uploaded in error.
- File Type: This tab prompts the user to choose the "file type" that corresponds to the upload document. The five basic types of files are Author Cover Letter, Manuscript File, Figure, Supplemental Material, Supplemental Review Material File. Please note supplemental material should be selected for supplemental data that will publish with the manuscript file upon acceptance; supplemental review material file should be selected for "in press" articles, permissions, and all additional materials for review only.
- File Description: Requires user to provide a brief description of the content that is included in the file. Please note that some file types do not require a description; users will only be prompted to add a description or those files that are not automatically titled by the submission system.
- File Order: This tab allows the user to rearrange files to be displayed at the author's discretion. This tab also gives the option to merge certain files into a single PDF file to display to the Editor and Reviewers. Upon completion, the user must select the checkbox indicating completion of the ordering and selection process to proceed.
- Step 2: Enter Manuscript Information
- Manuscript Type: This tab requires the user to select the type of submission from a list of acceptable manuscript types that publish in the journal
- Title, Abstract: This tab requires the user to provide a Title for the manuscript as well as a Short/Running Title and an Abstract. The Short/Running Title and Abstract have word or character limits. Invited content does not have Abstracts.
- Authors: This tab prompts the user to submit General Information about each author. The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required, and need to be completed to continue the submission process. Please be sure that all authors on the title page of your manuscript file are included in the submission system and that the correct author order is selected.
- Keywords, Categories, Special Sections: This tab requires users to provide key words and journal subject terms that pertain to their article.
- Detailed Information: This tab asks for more detailed information regarding the manuscript which include "Copyright and Licensing Options" & "Clinical Trial Registration Information."
- Additional Information: This tab requires information regarding the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Informed Consent, Ethical Conduct, and Studies on Animals.
- Author Review Suggestions: This tab allows the user to provide "suggested reviewers" to include for the review process as well as those the user wishes to exclude. Please be aware that the reviewer selection process is at the discretion of the Editor; user suggestions may or may not be selected.
- Step 3: Review Manuscript Material
- Approve Files: This tab requires the user to verify that the manuscript has been uploaded and converted to the PDF format correctly.
- Approve Manuscript: This tab asks the author to correct, review and approve the information entered as part of the submission process.
- Final Step: Submit Your Manuscript
- This screen is the final step of the submission process. The system will check to make sure everything is completed before the manuscript is submitted. If the manuscript is ready for submission, then there will be text that reads: "Your manuscript is ready to be submitted. Click the link below to finalize your submission."Otherwise, it will ask that you modify your submission to fulfill all of the submission requirements.